I Just Got My First Grant!

/
0 Comments
A friend and I who are both in the Chancellor's First Year Student Leadership Program applied for a Mini-Grant ($50) from the Women's Center to do something to raise awareness about a global humanitarian issue.

We decided to hold an event to raise awareness for Human Trafficking. We plan to show the movie "Trade" in a common area in one of the dorm's and prepare handouts about what human trafficking is, why it happens and what we can do to prevent it. I was given contact information to a student here who is working with human trafficking and who is passionate about the topic. I contacted her and she's hoping to come speak at our event and host a post-movie discussion.

We plan on using the grant to get food and drinks (popcorn and sodas, really), the movie, and money to print flyers and handouts.

I'm really excited about it and even though we only have two weeks before the event, I'm hoping we have a good turn out!

To read about how to event turned out, click here.







You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.