The Weekend's Festivities

/
0 Comments
I had a fun and not-overly productive weekend.

Scholars, which is a program on campus that provides "opportunities that challenge University Scholars to develop as thinkers, citizens, and leaders and prepare them to achieve their personal and professional goals as they make their contributions to a democratic society", offered free bowling on Friday and since I have several friends in Scholars, I tagged along. I also plan to join Scholars if I can bring my GPA up a little bit. I think I would like it much better than the Honors Program.

Saturday, I spent the day hanging in my room and worked on my lab report, which is due Wednesday. The hardest thing about lab reports is finding sources to cite! Ugh. Then that night, my friends Maysen, Haley and I went to see the movie Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. They should rename it "Extremely Sad and Incredibly Sad". No, really. The movie was good but it was just so sad! 

Today, I spent the day laying around and wasting time until I had a closing banquet for LIA, which lasted two and a half hours. It wasn't bad though. I got a certificate for completing my Discover 1 Class and a picture of Class #5 (which is my class). 

I also got set up for an interview this coming Friday for a local bookstore so I can buy back books from students. I heard the job isn't worth the effort because you don't hardly get paid, but any money is better than no money.

I'm meeting the Chancellor tomorrow! Ahh. 

I'm also seeing my friend Lauren, who I have hardly seen since Fall semester. Needless to say, I'm happy about that.

That about wraps up my weekend. Hope you guys enjoyed yours. I have a full week ahead of me, but I can tackle it. 





You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.