Pantry Organization: Small items

/
0 Comments
Between my boyfriend's love of koolaid and my love of hot chocolate, we have a lot of little drink packets in our pantry. Originally, we were storing them in a little basket on the top shelf of the pantry, labeled "drink mixes". It worked okay. But being that I'm pretty short, I sometimes had a hard time reaching the basket, which was annoying. So I decided I wanted to change the way we were storing them. I was inspired by several things I saw on pinterest.

Specifically, I really liked how Traci from Beneath My Heart used bins she found from Goodwill to organize her small items, such as popcorn, oatmeal and drink mixes.


I also really liked how Make Bake Celebrate did something similar with acrylic sink caddies.

  


Knowing that I was going to make a trip to Ikea, which is a good 1.5 hour drive from where I live, I browsed the website to see what I could find that would work for me. I found the BESTÃ…ENDE flatware caddy and knew it was perfect. For $3 each, the price was pretty good too!

So I took all my drink packets and organized them, then put them into the two caddies. 


I then used two large command hooks to mount them on the wall of the pantry. The caddies already had a hole in them, though you can't see it in the picture, which fit perfectly over the large hook. I haven't yet labeled them, but for now, since they're at eye level, I can actually see what I'm grabbing for. 


Now just to tackle the rest of the pantry. We received lots of candy and food gifts for Christmas so it's a bit of a hot mess. 




You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.