Lady Loki Cosplay

/
0 Comments
I'll start by saying that this was my first cosplay ever. I started on it in August and it debuted November 14th at NC Comicon in Durham, NC. The main reason that it took so long wasn't necessarily because I didn't know what I was doing, but mostly because I was tight on funds (since I'm serving in AmeriCorps).

With it being my first cosplay, there was a lot to learn. Pinterest was consulted often. There was a lot of planning and then adjusting and replanning. All in all, I like how it turned out. I got a lot of good feedback on it, plenty of people who wanted pictures, and at the end of the con, I was a happy girl.

Going forward, there are some things I'll change, but like I said, I liked it. I didn't want to replicate Loki's actual costume from the films, but a combination of it and some other Lady Loki artwork I had seen. So here's what I ended up with.


The breastplate was made of worbla, as well as the faceplate 
of the diadem, the bracers, the pauldron, and the scepter blade. 


The shoulder pads underneath the pauldron was actually 
made from a door mat. The scepter itself lights up thanks to 
the nifty combination of a miniature flashlight and a painted 
squeaker from a dog toy. (Thanks to Axel for destroying his toy.)


All of these photos were taken by PJ Photography and Designs

I hope to make a video explaining how I made the diadem because when I was trying to make it, I found that there was a lack of instructional videos out there about how people did it. My horns turned out to be preeeetty big, but I actually really liked it. 

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions!





You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.