What's In My Bag?

/
0 Comments
Before this position, I always wondered what field researchers kept in their bags. I decided I would share with you guys what I’m usually carrying.
  •  Map and compass
  •  Field notebook
  • Pencil and sharpie
  • Flagging tape (for when we find a new nest)
  • Bait for trapping (Roasted, unsalted peanuts)
  • Trapping kit
    • Data sheets
    • Scale
    • Metal ear tags
    • Pliers to attach ear tags
    • Mesh bag for handling
    • Alcohol pads
  •  Tissues and hand wipes
  • Neosporin and chapstick
  • A small container for trash
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Chewing gum
  • Poncho or rain jacket
  • Sunblock and bug spray
  • Water bottle
  • Radio
On some occasions, I also carry the following:
  • Radio telemetry antenna and receiver
  • Binoculars


Pictured from top left --> bottom right:
trapping kit, map and compass, field
notebook and compass, pencil and sharpie,
flagging tape

L-R: Hand wipes, hand sanitizer, tissues,
cooling towel, neosporin



You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.