Proctoring for EOGs!

/
0 Comments
Last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I volunteered as a proctor for the Middle School during their EOGs. My mom and I went together (since she's been doing it for several years) and we were almost late (typical). We got there just as the tardy bell rang but I had to miss training (which made my nervous). Luckily, my mom had already basically told me the gist of it. I was placed with a 6th grade class and found on on the first day: it is super boring. When I was in middle school, taking the EOGs for myself, I thought being a proctor would be exciting. Not really. I was paired up with one of the PE teachers who was administering the test and on the first day, she would read and then stand and walk around. I didn't bring a book and the first day is reading, which is always the longest. It was miserable. The second day, I brought a book and made sure I was occupied.

I got to know the kids a little and they were all pretty nice. It's highly likely I'll be doing it next year, just because it's a way to give back.






You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.