Grocery Shopping and my Summer Meal Plan

/
0 Comments
Allyssa and I went grocery shopping today to get all of our food for the mountain. Each person gets a shelf and a space in the fridge, but I still wanted to pack light when it came to the food. I also wanted to keep meals simple because simple tends to be cheaper.  I was happy to find that food in Arizona is basically the same price as food in North Carolina. We did our shopping at a store called Fry's, which is wonder by the same company that owns Kroger (and apparently Harris Teeter as of recently). The bagger at the store was from Raleigh too, so it was nice meet someone from the same area.

All of our food, ready to prep. 


Below is my grocery list:
  • Bananas
  • Tortillas
  • Carrots
  • Granola
  • Doritos
  • Velveeta Macaroni Cups
  • Granola Bars
  • Dr Pepper (gotta have my soda fix!)
  • Mayonaise 
  • Yogurt
  • Chicken Breast Tenders
  • Herb Butter
  • Cream Cheese
  • Bread
  • Bagels
  • Cheese Sticks
  • Green beans
  • Peanut Butter
I brought the following items with me:
  • Knorr Pasta Sides
  • Tuna Packs
  • Luna Bars
  • Trail Mix
We also got the following fresh produce for a total of $10, which we then split between the two of us:

  • Small Watermelons
  • Spaghetti Squash
  • Yellow Squash
  • Oranges
  • Honeydew
  • Fonzy Melon
  • Red Bell Pepeprs
  • Tomatos
All in all, my groceries cost me about me about $58. Most of the food will last me for several sessions on the mountains. Check out my meal plan below!

Breakfast
  • Yogurt w/Granola
  • Bagel w/Cream Cheese and Banana
  • Peanut Butter Toast and Banana
Lunch
  • Entrees
    • Peanut Butter Sandwich
    • Turkey Sandwich
    • Cream Cheese and Turkey Wrap
    • Macaroni 
    • Tuna (on crackers or sandwich)
  • Sides/Snacks
    • Cheese Stick
    • Granola
    • Trail Mix
    • Carrots
    • Fresh Fruit (Bananas, watermelon, honeydew, etc.)
    • Granola Bar
Dinner
  • Entrees
    • Chicken sautéed with Herb Butter
    • Chicken with peppers
    • Tuna
    • Spaghetti (with noodles made from the spaghetti squash and sauce made from the tomatoes)
  • Sides
    • Green Beans
    • Knorr Pasta Sides
    • Sautéed Squash
All in all, I am confident in my abilities to make the most out of the groceries I have.




You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.