Apartment Decor: Pretty and Functional Pen Storage

/
0 Comments
The Apartment Decor series will provide tutorials on budget-friendly DIY crafts that will spruce up your dorm or apartment.

Pretty and Functional Pen Storage

As I prepare to move out of my shared house with roommates and into an apartment on my own, I have realized that I will have less space, especially in the kitchen. It seems like in my house, we have a drawer for everything. I won't have that luxury in my apartment. I decided to house my pens, pencils, and markers, which I use to label containers, make meal plans, grocery lists, and more, on the fridge instead of in a drawer.

My roommate handed me an empty Crystal Light container and said "Can you do anything with this?" Yes, I could. And I did! Check below to see how I did it.
Before

After
------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Modpodge paper around the container. I used wrapping paper from the Target dollar section. If you are worried about wrinkles, I recommend using thicker paper, such as card stock or scrapbook paper.


Step 2: Add a magnet. I hot glued mine on. You can also super glue it.
Step 3: (Optional) Since my pens were shorter than my container, my roommate suggested I make flower pens. This allowed the pens and pencils to be taller and I could grab them out of the container easily. The tutorial for the pens can be found here.

If you decide to try it, feel free to post a comment letting me know how it went!








You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.