Next hurdle: North Carolina Environmental Education Certification

/
0 Comments
Since I want to work in conservation, it's important to realize that the biggest aspect of conservation is education! While on my trip to Asheville for my wildlife rehab workshop, I shared a hotel with a lady who is currently getting NCEE certified. She showed me the website and I decided it might be something worth doing! You have four years to complete the certification after paying the registration fee. I haven't paid yet, but I can count workshops from up to a year before I register.

There are five criteria:
I. Instructional Workshops (70 hours)
II. Outdoor Instructor-led Experiences (50 hours)
III. Knowledge of Environmental Education Resources and Facilities (30 hours)
IV. Teaching Experiences (30 hours)
V. Community Partnership Program (20 hours)

It is an extensive program, but I think it will be fun. The only down side is that I do not plan to live in NC after graduation, but I feel like the resources and knowledge I gain from the process will be very valuable and easily applied to wherever I go.

I will keep you updated!





You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.