I Got a Summer Internship!

/
0 Comments

I have accepted a Conservation Internship at the Piedmont Wildlife Center in Durham, NC. As an intern, I will be involved in the following:
-Learning raptor care and handling
-Assisting with coordinating BioBlitz, a 24 hour species inventory
-Participate in an ongoing study on wild Eastern Box Turtle populations, including learning how to use Radio Telemetry
-Assist with coordinating WildNet, a community based wildlife rehabilitation program
-Learn basic care of the center's education animals
-Participate in summer outreach programs
-Participate in conservation efforts that include: installing and assembling nest boxes, constructing wildlife gardens, and biological inventory

Additionally, as an intern, I have the opportunity to take any environmental and conservation classes offered by the center.

I am super excited about the opportunity! The internship is unpaid, however. If any of you are able to, please consider helping me fund my internship. I have a gofundme page set up, which you can check out here.






You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.